#1 January 23, 2015 2:36pm

jesse.glaves

Positioning and Archiving Potential Issue

I'm using positioning in archiving in conjunction on an employment module. We have a list of jobs available, which are pool jobs, meaning they come and go, and always have the same format. For some reason when I archive those and reactivate them it messes up the position of the other items in the list. Afterward the remaining non-archived items are left in a weird state, where the position data in the table does not match what is show in the dashboard for the module, and reordering things doesn't seem to fix the issue. The position number in the table updates relative to what it thinks its value is, not what its visual order in the module view shows. Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if you need clarification.

#2 January 23, 2015 2:47pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Positioning and Archiving Potential Issue

That's super strange behavior -- archive state should have no bearing on the position column. Can you export your module into a package I can import (and include the table data if it's not sensitive info -- you can toggle it with the little database icon when making a package).

#3 January 23, 2015 3:22pm

jesse.glaves

I just deleted all of the position values in the DB, and started from scratch. Everything seems to be ok now. I may have put it in a weird state somehow. I'll let you know if it resurfaces.

#4 January 23, 2015 3:27pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Ok cool smile The positioning in draggable views *should* reset everything any time you drag.
It sends something like:
sort[]=15&sort[]=125&sort[]=1

Where the values are all the IDs of what is being sorted. Then the number of rows being sorted is used as the position by subtracting the current index of $sort.
I did some testing with regular draggable views and didn't find any weirdness -- any chance you were using a grouped or nested view?

#5 January 23, 2015 3:45pm

jesse.glaves

Nope, just a draggable view. Everything seems perfect now. Not sure what happened. Most likely my fault though smile

Board footer