#1 December 9, 2014 9:26pm

jkuss

Non-iframe embeddable forms

There are lots of compromises when using iframes in terms of what you can style and how it affects layout. Is there any way to build an embeddable form as easy to use as the current way but via PHP so that it writes the html in the page?

#2 December 10, 2014 12:59am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Non-iframe embeddable forms

As a core part of BigTree, no, there's no easy way to have embeddable forms that don't live in iframes. The main reasons come down to CSS and JS collisions with front ends -- there's simply no way to know how well a form would ever behave when dropped into the front end of a site (from CSS styles making form fields whacky to JS libraries breaking the forms entirely). Having a form directly embedded would also likely have issues with cropping of images (as it's several procedural redirects and relies heavily on JS).

We do have a module (that I believe is floating around on these forums somewhere) called Form Builder that works for more general user submissions -- it doesn't allow for data to be inserted directly into a module's tables but does allow for CSV exports, emailers, and viewing of all the entries.

#3 December 10, 2014 1:16pm

jmason03

I'm working on implementing that Form Builder package. One thing that I'm not understanding is how to add this form to a page on my site (not somewhere in the admin). Would I use the getForm function and then write my own function to go through and output each field? I'm not seeing any place in the admin or settings where there would be an iframe embed code or something.

#4 December 11, 2014 12:34am

timbuckingham
Administrator

There should be a template in the package that draws the form -- is that missing?

#5 December 11, 2014 10:22am

jmason03

Nope it's there! Just forgot to look in that spot. Thanks again!!

Board footer