#1 August 3, 2013 2:51pm

asiral

CodeIgniter and other PHP frameworks with BigTree

I was wondering if you have a recommended approach in mind for integrating an application into BigTree built with a framework. Specifically, this is the feature described as 'Plays Well With Others - Non-blocking/nestable sites allows other apps to live inside your site.' Some of the questions/issues I am encountering are:

The application should ideally run from a BigTree template so there is no duplication of the site's design, etc. Should the template be routed or basic? How can I best separate out the URI segments for BigTree from those for the PHP framework? What other configurations need to happen? Any important considerations concerning routing or other features of BigTree?  Any examples?

Happy to provide more specific questions as well.

Thanks,
Michael

#2 August 3, 2013 3:52pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: CodeIgniter and other PHP frameworks with BigTree

Generally what's meant by that is that you can place anything inside of /site/ and it overrides BigTree altogether.
As far as using a routed template combined with CodeIgniter's routing, I'm not really familiar with how theirs works so I'm not sure if you could pass BigTree's $bigtree["commands"] to CodeIgniter's router or not. I'd think that you could but I don't know how flexible CodeIgniter is.

In any case, you'd definitely want a routed template if you go with a BigTree template!

Board footer