#1 November 6, 2014 11:42am

acutair

Return to Pages dashboard after saving

hi folks,

i'm BRAND new to bigtree, so go easy. :-)

i've been editing some test pages. when i hit "save" or "save and publish," i'm returned to the 'pages' dashboard.

i can hit "back" and return to editing the page, but i'm thinking i should be returned to the page i'm working on automatically.

what's up with this? am i missing something?

andre

#2 November 6, 2014 11:55am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Return to Pages dashboard after saving

I'm not exactly sure if you're experiencing a bug or not. The intention is that you'll always return to the page you were on before you clicked the edit button, so if you were currently viewing the children of the "About Us" page and you clicked "Edit Page" in the top bar you'd return to the About Us page when you were done editing. If instead you were on the Homepage's children and clicked the edit icon for the About Us page you'd be returned to the Homepage's children when you were done editing.

#3 November 6, 2014 12:03pm

acutair

>>If instead you were on the Homepage's children and clicked the edit icon for the About Us page you'd be returned to the Homepage's children when you were done editing.

ah, ok - i think that might be the case. the "breadcrumbs" at the top are something like pages > home > testpage

so, in the bigtree world, are ALL pages children to the homepage? or can some pages be peers?

#4 November 6, 2014 12:07pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

All pages are descendants of the homepage, but not necessarily children. We're exploring first class multi-site support for BigTree 4.3 but currently every site hierarchy is essentially something like:

Homepage
-- About Us
---- History
---- Traditions
-- Contact Us

So About Us / Contact Us are siblings/peers and so are History and Traditions.

You can query for page trees via $cms->getNavByParent.
Sorry if I'm not explaining things well, I'm super tired today tongue

#5 November 6, 2014 12:09pm

acutair

no, that totally makes sense - thanks much!

Board footer