#1 October 7, 2014 1:18pm

pschafer

Multiple Callouts Not Displaying In Module

I am currently using BigTree version 4.1.2. 

The issue I am coming across is if I add multiple callouts to a module and save, the callouts won't be displayed when I go back in to edit the module.  If I add a single callout, it saves and appears fine on edit.  I'm not too sure why this issue is happening and can't find anything in the forums.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

#2 October 7, 2014 1:21pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Multiple Callouts Not Displaying In Module

I'm unable to replicate the issue in a quick test. What's being stored in the column in the database when you add multiples at once?

#3 October 7, 2014 2:20pm

pschafer

This is what I have in the DB when I add multiples:

[{"type":"sw","display_title":"","artist_name":"dd","work_medium":"","work_title":"","work_date":"","youtube_link":""},{"type":"sw","display_title":"","artist_name":"ss","work_medium":"","work_title":"","work_date":"","youtube_link":"" |

After tinkering a bit, I discovered that if I add more than 4 fields to the callout, it doesn't save correctly (it looks like the array doesn't close).  If I have 4 or less, there is no issue.  This is what is being stored with 4 fields:

[{"type":"sw","display_title":"","artist_name":"dd","work_medium":"","work_title":"","work_date":""},{"type":"sw","display_title":"","artist_name":"ss","work_medium":"","work_title":"","work_date":""}]

I am not entirely sure if this issue is due to something on my DB end or BigTree.  All of the fields are text fields for both examples.

#4 October 7, 2014 2:24pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

If it's being cut off when too much data is entered it may be that the column in the database table isn't large enough to accommodate the data. If you're not already using TEXT as the column type (or MEDIUMTEXT / LONGTEXT) I'd try giving that a shot.

#5 October 7, 2014 2:32pm

pschafer

Success!  Thank you for your help, it was still set at 255 characters.

I just wanted to take the time real quick to let you know I am a big fan of this CMS.  I look forward to using it for a variety of projects here at work.

#6 October 7, 2014 2:46pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Awesome! Always happy to hear kind words. Hope it treats you well!

Board footer