#1 June 13, 2014 12:51pm

jmason03

Enable Callouts on Templates

I know this should not be challenging for me but for some reason I cannot figure out how to turn on callouts for a specific template. I've looked at templates from the example site but I don't see anything that references whether or not callouts are enabled or not. It's just that callouts are enabled for default example site templates and any new templates I add, I don't see anything that asks one way or another.

Is there a step that I'm missing?

Thanks

#2 June 13, 2014 2:29pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Enable Callouts on Templates

Are you running BigTree 4.0 or 4.1? In BigTree 4.0, you just click the "Enable Callouts" button when editing a template. In BigTree 4.1, callouts are a field type like any other — just add a field called "callouts" and use the field type "Callouts" to emulate the behavior from BigTree 4.0.

#3 June 13, 2014 2:45pm

jmason03

Ok, I am running 41. that is what I thought you were supposed to do but I don't have "Callouts" listed in my field type box. Should I try re-updating my core folder?
Screenshot

#4 June 13, 2014 4:02pm

jmason03

Nevermind! I fixed it.

I remembered that when I updated to 4.1 I didn't have write permissions configured correctly for my cache folder, so after a little tracing I realized that the problem was that "callouts":"Callouts" was not listed in my form-fields-types.btc file. After I added that everything is working correctly.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time on this total user error.

#5 June 22, 2014 8:57pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

It's all good -- sorry for the late response, I realized I have email notifications on for posts but not replies so I completely missed your responses smile

Board footer