#1 January 14, 2014 8:08pm

etherealclarity

Clean install is displaying a 404 error for the home page

Hello -

I just did a clean install of BigTree for a new project and the home page is displaying a 404 error. If I use the same template for a sub page it shows up fine, but the home page just redirects to the 404 template. Any idea what might be happening and how I can fix it?

#2 January 16, 2014 3:32pm

etherealclarity

Re: Clean install is displaying a 404 error for the home page

Chrome 32.0.1700.76

Thanks, me too! My client was getting itchy smile

#3 January 17, 2014 12:12pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Super weird, I can only replicate the issue when I'm zoomed in to 110% in Chrome. See the screenshots below for reference:

100% zoom: http://i.imgur.com/ullPDb5.png
110% zoom: http://i.imgur.com/Z2uTDZm.png

I'm going to see if I can fix any zoom breaking issues on the 4.0.2 and 4.1 releases, but if your zoom isn't wrong I'm at a loss! sad

#4 January 17, 2014 12:13pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Related -- does the settings icon appear for you in Firefox or Safari? Hate to leave you hanging with no way to edit those field options.

#5 January 19, 2014 9:04pm

etherealclarity

I checked and I can definitely see the options in Firefox at least, so that's helpful smile

#6 January 14, 2014 8:36pm

etherealclarity

Another strange thing I noticed - when trying to set up templates, I realized that there isn't any place to set special options for fields (e.g. create crops for uploads, etc). Did the location of these options change with the latest release of BigTree?

#7 January 14, 2014 9:19pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

For the first problem, do you have a page with an id of 0 in your bigtree_pages table in MySQL? If you do, check the page's "path" column and make sure it's empty. Those are the most common errors I've seen with the homepage. Honestly not sure how they end up getting messed up (I think I fixed them prior to the 4.0 official release, but if they're still cropping up I may have to look again).

For the template setup -- are you not seeing the the blue settings icon to the right of the type dropdown?

#8 January 14, 2014 10:24pm

etherealclarity

Yes, I do have a page with an id of 0, and the path column is already empty, but I am still getting that 404 error.

For the template setup - no, the blue settings icon isn't there. There's a blank space between the type dropdown and the delete icon. The settings icon does show up when I create/edit Settings, but it's missing in the template. In my other installs for other sites it's definitely there so I notice its absence!

#9 January 14, 2014 10:44pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

I've seen the template settings icon disappear in Chrome before when the browser is zoomed in. Any chance resetting the zoom level of your browser fixes it?

Still at a loss as to what the issue could be with your homepage getting a 404. Did it somehow get a publish date or expiration date set?

#10 January 15, 2014 12:40pm

etherealclarity

I fixed the 404 issue! Seemed to be some conflict with files leftover from the hosting's default page.

However, the missing settings are still missing. The zoom was at 100% already so I tried messing with the zoom levels but no dice.

#11 January 15, 2014 12:41pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

What browser/version are you using?

Glad you figured out the other issue! smile

Board footer