#1 February 4, 2014 10:55am

antoalad

How to set password complexity for users.

1) i need to host the website online, what all files needed from the bigtree folder and from database table.

since the root folder of bigtree is nearly 25mb. and is it possible that to reduce the size while hosting the site online.

2) i need to set password complexity for users. How to do that?

3) if administrator or developer post an article to the website, automatically a mail should be send to the users tell that a new article has been posted. can this be done?

4) I also need to add font option in the edit page content.
(like as it is in the start a new discussion page - Full WYSIWYG)
)

#2 February 4, 2014 12:12pm

antoalad

Re: How to set password complexity for users.

Thanks timbuckingham,

#3.  Sorry i tried it and it didnt work out. i guess i might did wrong. Can you tell me the steps to configure this process. since this a P1 issue for me now.

#3 February 4, 2014 12:16pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

1. Create a file with whatever name you want in /custom/inc/required/ -- I'd go with admin-callbacks.php

2. Add a function to that file that you want to run after the form submission is complete (i.e. emailEveryone)

3. Add that function name to the "Function Callback" field of your form. You want only the function name (in this case, emailEveryone) -- you don't want to put it in as code like emailEveryone(); -- just "emailEveryone" (without quotes of course).

#4 February 5, 2014 9:09am

antoalad

where exactly i should add the function callback in the form. kindly tell me the path or location were the forms will be. i was try to figure it out, but failed to find it. kindly bare with me if i ask any childish questions.

#5 February 5, 2014 10:32am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Here's a screenshot when editing a Module Form:

#6 February 4, 2014 11:03am

timbuckingham
Administrator

1. If storage space is that constrained you can remove /core/example-site/ as it's just a copy of the installed example site.

2. BigTree does not have a password policy system. We will put this in the queue as a feature request.

3. You can use a module form's "Function Callback" option to run PHP code after submission to the article module.

4. You can add a custom override of /core/admin/layouts/_tinymce_specific.php to /custom/admin/layouts/_tinymce_specific.php and implement any TinyMCE buttons/configuration.

#7 February 4, 2014 11:28am

antoalad

1. how to host the site online (should i need the entire database file of bigtree) what all files need to host the site?

i couldn't understand 3.   can you explain it ?

#8 February 4, 2014 11:49am

timbuckingham
Administrator

You need everything that's included in the BigTree installer other than the example site. The installer should create the database you need but you also need database hosting.

#3 allows you to set a function name that is run whenever the form is processed. For example, you could enter "emailEveryone" as the function callback and then create the function in a file in /custom/inc/required/ (all files in that directory are automatically included):

function emailEveryone() {
 mail("everyone@[url]everyplace.com[/url]","A new post","Has been posted");
}

Board footer