#1 February 20, 2014 6:04pm

jmason03

File Upload Permission Issues

I'm having some issues uploading files through BigTree. I believe it is a permission issue somewhere and I'm hoping somebody has an idea what it might be. Currently I am running IIS 8 on Windows Server 2012, and in IIS I have my pass-through authentication set to IUSR. IUSR has read/execute permissions on my wwwroot folder as well as write/modfiy permissions on my C:/Windows/Temp folder. This temp folder is where PHP is set to temporarily upload the file before moving it into the wwwroot. This setup gives me no errors from BigTree and allows me to browse the site with no issues. However, if I try to upload an image through a BigTree resource I get an error saying that the directory is not writable. I've tried giving IUSR write/modify permissions on the wwwroot but that didn't help either. The weirdest thing is that if I change the pass-through authentication to my personal account (I'm an administrator) it allows me to upload the files with no issues. I'm just hoping that this issue has come up before and someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks

#2 February 20, 2014 6:08pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: File Upload Permission Issues

I believe the issue is with Windows returning incorrect answers to PHP's is_writable function.

Can you try replacing /core/inc/bigtree/utils.php with the one from the 4.0 development branch here?
https://github.com/bigtreecms/BigTree-C … /utils.php

I put a workaround in for IIS and it functioned properly on my IIS install but I have very little experience with Windows server environments. Hopefully this fixes your issue!

#3 February 21, 2014 11:10am

jmason03

That fixed it! For anyone else that might read this just make sure you give IUSR write/modify permissions to PHP's temp upload directory as well as the site/files folder

Thank you so much!

#4 February 21, 2014 11:11am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Great! Glad to hear the next release will help out IIS users and thanks for your interaction on the boards -- I'm sure it helps fellow IIS users a lot!

Board footer