#1 April 2, 2024 11:27am

dsyler

Browsing for Images in versions newer than 4.5.2

Has anyone had an issue where images already in the library cause a failure if you try to browse and select them in a page or callout? All is fine, but if I swap the core from 4.5.2 to anything higher, including 4.5.10, this happens. I click browse, choose the image, see the thumb on the page where I am using it, save and publish then get the "The file is an invalid image or is an unsupported image type." error. Same image works fine on 4.5.2 and below. Also, the info about the image that usually shows on the right when you are selecting it from the library is all blank except the uploaded date. I'm sure it's something I missed.

#2 April 4, 2024 6:51pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Browsing for Images in versions newer than 4.5.2

Haven't ran into this personally but I'll see if I can replicate it — I don't see any changes in 4.5.3 that would appear to affect using files from the file manager. Have you isolated it to that version bump exactly?

#3 April 5, 2024 9:14am

dsyler

I have. I first had 4.5.1 and went to 4.5.8 and saw the issue. So I went backwards version by version until it worked again with 4.5.2. As 4.5.9 and 4.5.10 came out, I tried them too, but same result. I am only swapping the core folder, no other changes. If it matters, this was a 4.4.15 machine before that. If you have access to https://sewanee.dev.fastspot.com this is where we started from and jumped up to 4.5.x from this version. I did update extensions and composer stuff too as we went up to php 8 as well.

Thanks!

#4 April 5, 2024 2:14pm

dsyler

Here's a series of images of what I see with 4.5.3 and up when adding an already uploaded image.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing
1.) in callout choosing browse to add image
2.) back in callout, looks like image is there
3.) save and publish produces this
4.) go back to edit the page and now image is gone, but leaves a remnant that it was there

Not tied to the image, page or even server as I have this same issue with any image on any page and I have five different servers running bigtree and they all do it (though they are all a clone of the original).

I can however choose to upload an image in the callout and it does just fine. I can also upload images to the files are just fine.

#5 April 5, 2024 6:34pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

I just pushed up a fix for this to the 4.5-devel branch. It was related to multi-site relative root tokens not translating cleanly against older staticroot content.

#6 April 5, 2024 6:47pm

dsyler

Thanks Tim, you're like a wizard!

If I'm not using get, what is the best way for me to do this?

#7 April 5, 2024 6:48pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

You can go to GitHub and hit the 4.5-devel branch here:
https://github.com/bigtreecms/BigTree-C … /4.5-devel

Use the "Code" dropdown and you can download a zip of the repository where you should be able to grab the core directory.

#8 April 5, 2024 6:52pm

dsyler

I was just looking at it and was wondering if it was just the admin.php file. I'll grab this though! Thanks a million Tim. Will this also be in 4.5.11 when it comes out?

#9 April 5, 2024 6:54pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Yep! It'll probably be a month or so before that ships though.

#10 April 5, 2024 7:12pm

dsyler

Awesome. Can confirm, this fix does work for me as well!

Again thank you so so much and have a wonderful weekend!

Board footer