#1 March 24, 2022 4:50pm

tsamant

View stuck on the cached value

Hello,

I recently changed the filter function of a module view, and now the view seems to be stuck in a single state. I.e., publishing new items doesn't change the view.

(The new published items do pass the filter; they should show up.)

I am trying to debug this and wonder if there is some obvious error in the filter function?

If I change the filter function to something else and change it back, the view is refreshed and shows exactly the expected items. But publishing an item never updates the view. Fwiw there is a publish hook as well, but it has not changed for a long time and hasn't been a problem.

Any pointers?

Best,
Tushar

#2 March 25, 2022 3:16pm

doon.mok

Re: View stuck on the cached value

You might have to truncate the bigtree_module_view cache table.

#3 March 29, 2022 4:02pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

If I had to take a guess I'd say the filter function is crashing. It's run in an eval() statement so it will fail silently but the record could miss getting into the table.

#4 April 11, 2022 9:38am

tsamant

Tim, I will take a look and let you know. Thanks!

doon.mok, did not mean to ignore you. Sorry about that, and thanks for the suggestion. Truncating worked, but only once.

Tushar

#5 April 11, 2022 10:14am

tsamant

Addendum: since there is no obvious reason why the filter function would crash (though it might be, or incorrectly returning false), I'd also like to know:

There is a custom publish hook for this module. Does it need to clear cache explicitly?

Board footer