#1 January 4, 2019 11:28pm

Scarfex

Events 2 Extention/ Module Bug

Hello, i recently installed the new events 2 module and while setting up a test event i realized that the locations i made are not showing up in the add event form. Not sure if this a bug or just something i missed. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5yezut.jpg

#2 January 5, 2019 6:07pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Events 2 Extention/ Module Bug

I just did a fresh BigTree install and did a test install of the Events 2 module. I added a single location and it's showing up in the dropdown when adding events. One odd thing I'm seeing in your form is that Location is below Start Date. In the default form for Events 2 the location field shows up below the Image field.

#3 January 5, 2019 11:05pm

Scarfex

Hey Tim, Thanks for the reply. I figured out what was my problem. I initially deleted the location field while messing around with the module. I then later added it back to the form (hence the reason it was at the bottom). When it was re-added, the type and field settings we set to default. So, i set it back to list and linked the table and everything so now its working fine.

One question though, can i set an expiration date for events like i could with the old events module? And how thanks.

#4 January 6, 2019 10:44am

timbuckingham
Administrator

You can still set recurring end dates for events when adding a Recursion Rule in Events 2. I don't believe there was another type of expiration date for events in the original extension.

#5 January 6, 2019 12:03pm

Scarfex

Hey, the other events module and a field in the form named expiration date. Which i guess was a super simple way of doing it but i understand what you're about the recurring end dates thingy now so thanks.

Board footer