#1 July 8, 2013 9:01am

asiral

Installation Not Working

I'm trying to install BigTree on my server with the following software and it's not working.  I am presented with a 404 page after seemingly successful installation of the example site.  Viewing the database shows that no pages exist in the pages table.  Manually importing the example_site.sql file does not work because it seems some entries were imported and redundancies cause a failure.  Installing without the example site and then manually importing example_site.sql does not work either.

Apache 2.4.4
PHP 5.4.12
MySQL 5.6.12

Any thoughts as to why this would happen or how to troubleshoot?

-Michael

#2 July 8, 2013 9:40am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Installation Not Working

I'm going to setup a test environment and compile that setup in a Cent OS 6.4 virtual machine and see what I can figure out. I don't think we've tested running BigTree on Apache 2.4 or MySQL 5.6, so if there's an issue with them hopefully I can get it resolved.

#3 July 8, 2013 9:47am

asiral

Thanks, Tim.  If it helps, it may happen to others in the future since it is a build choice of WampServer.

http://www.wampserver.com/en/ (top right choice)

#4 July 8, 2013 9:52am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Thanks for the link, saves me the agony of all the manual compilation on Linux. I'll fire up a Windows VM and let you know what I find out!

#5 July 8, 2013 10:31am

timbuckingham
Administrator

I've tracked it down! The issue is on line 17 of example-site.sql. The first page it tries to insert has an ID of 0, which MySQL never likes but in the past has always given the ID of 1 since the auto increment is set back to 1 on the previous line. For some reason on this setup (maybe it's a MySQL 5.6 change) it is assigned ID 2 which then causes issues with the next page which is also ID 2. It causes all the pages to fail together so the bigtree_pages table just ends up empty. If you switch the first insert ID from 0 to 1 it should install correctly.

Looks like we're also not checking for libcurl to be installed and giving an inappropriate message about the need for mod_rewrite, so I'll be fixing those as well.

Thanks for the bug report!

#6 July 8, 2013 1:28pm

asiral

And it's working for me now, too!  Thanks!

Also, might be worth mentioning, and I'm not sure why because I thought it was being created before, but the .htaccess in the /site/ folder is not created in this environment either.  I've just been copying it from other installs but if I remember correctly, it is supposed to be included. :-)

#7 July 8, 2013 1:31pm

asiral

And one other thing. Sorry to pile it on. The admin URL doesn't seem to work.  Not sure at all why though.

#8 July 8, 2013 1:32pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

I'm guessing it has to do with the way Windows handles file paths for both issues. I'll try to have that fixed up soon!

#9 July 8, 2013 5:20pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

I can't replicate the .htaccess or admin issues using the WAMPserver setup. What type of routing did you use (Basic / Simple / Advanced)?

Thanks,
Tim

#10 July 11, 2013 2:38am

asiral

Sorry for the trouble.  I absent-mindedly skipped over the routing choice. :-/

Board footer