#1 June 25, 2013 7:59am

asiral

Nestable Sites

I was wondering if you could perhaps expand a little more on the feature "Non-blocking/nestable sites allows other apps to live inside your site."

For example, what are the best practices, recommended approaches to nesting sites within BigTree? Specifically, we have a number of discrete applications we would like to keep separate from BigTree but be able to include them in the page.  Should we just use text fields and input PHP includes to call the scripts?  What should we be careful of when posting data, etc.? Since there is little documentation on this feature, it's difficult to form questions so apologies if this is vague.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

#2 June 25, 2013 10:03am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Nestable Sites

I'm not 100% sure since I didn't write all the marketing lingo, but I think that refers to the ability to place pretty much anything you want inside /site/ and have it function independently of BigTree.

Including other apps within BigTree templates shouldn't be a big deal either. We've been trying to contain most of the BigTree environment within the $bigtree variable and well namespaced class files but you could run into a few name collisions with our included libraries.

Board footer