#1 February 27, 2013 4:52am

rosie11

Sql.php errors after installation

Hi,

I'm new to Big Tree CMS. I've justed installed a copy locally on a WAMP stack. The install.php seemed to work but I'm getting the following errors when I navigate to localhost/site:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\BitNami\wampstack-5.4.11-0\apache2\htdocs\core\inc\bigtree\sql.php on line 14

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\BitNami\wampstack-5.4.11-0\apache2\htdocs\core\inc\bigtree\sql.php on line 15

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\BitNami\wampstack-5.4.11-0\apache2\htdocs\core\inc\bigtree\sql.php on line 94

Warning: sqlquery(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\BitNami\wampstack-5.4.11-0\apache2\htdocs\core\inc\bigtree\sql.php on line 95

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in C:\BitNami\wampstack-5.4.11-0\apache2\htdocs\core\inc\bigtree\sql.php on line 129

Do I need to adjust database permissions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 February 27, 2013 7:50pm

rosie11

Re: Sql.php errors after installation

Update: I reinstalled wamp and now I'm getting:

( ! ) Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Google PHP API Client requires the CURL PHP extension' in C:\wamp\www\test\core\inc\lib\google\apiClient.php on line 20( ! ) Exception: Google PHP API Client requires the CURL PHP extension in C:\wamp\www\test\core\inc\lib\google\apiClient.php on line 20

#3 February 27, 2013 8:02pm

rosie11

Fixed!

I installed the wamp server in this post: http://www.bigtreecms.org/discussion/di … ws-wamp/p1

You also need to enable php_curl on the wamp server plus any settings listed in above post

Note: I found 2 php.ini files so make sure you have edited all the settings the install.php page tells you

#4 February 28, 2013 10:44am

benplum
Administrator

Glad you fixed the problems!

Using the mysqli interface is preferred since the old mysql has been deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0 (http://www.php.net/manual/en/intro.mysql.php). If you are running an older version and only have access to the old mysql interface, you can update your config.php file from:

$bigtree["config"]["sql_interface"] = "mysqli";

to:

$bigtree["config"]["sql_interface"] = "mysql";

#5 March 7, 2013 8:55pm

etherealclarity

Hi - I'm running into the same errors that Rosie did. I just attempted to make the config edits, however the only config file I could find was config.example.php and that didn't seem to make a difference. Looking through Big Tree documentation, the only references to config.php were located in the template directory of a site, but the example site doesn't seem to have any such file. Are we supposed to put that in manually? Was config.example.php the correct file all along? Is there something else I'm doing wrong?

I am brand new to Big Tree so I'm not quite sure where to start!

Thanks!

#6 March 8, 2013 9:01am

benplum
Administrator

The installer should have created a config.php file in the templates directory. If it did not, you will need to manually copy the config.example.php file to the templates directory, update the database settings and root URLs, then rename the file to config.php.

I am curious - did the installer throw any errors when first installing? Did the installer properly set up the template directory outlined here: http://www.bigtreecms.org/documentation … templates/? This sounds different then the error Rosie was reporting which stemmed from the MySQL interface.

#7 March 9, 2013 7:56pm

rosie11

Hi again,

I've recently put a copy on my web hosting which doesn't have mysqli - just mysql php interface. I changed the setting in config.php in the templates folder however I'm getting these errors:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'roseschi'@'27.124.120.41' (using password: YES) in /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/sql.php on line 176

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/sql.php on line 177

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/sql.php on line 178

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/sql.php on line 258

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'sqlfetch() called on invalid query resource. The most likely cause is an invalid sqlquery() call. Last error returned was: <b>Access denied for user 'roseschi'@'27.124.120.41' (using password: YES)</b> in query &mdash; SELECT * FROM bigtree_modules' in /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/sql.php:290 Stack trace: #0 /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/cms.php(24): sqlfetch(false) #1 /home/roseschi/public_html/core/bootstrap.php(50): BigTreeCMS->__construct() #2 /home/roseschi/public_html/site/index.php(89): include('/home/roseschi/...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/sql.php on line 290

Not sure what the next step is.

Thank you.

#8 March 10, 2013 12:21pm

benplum
Administrator

I think you need to double check you MySQL login values in the config.php file. All errors stem from the first, where you are being denied access to the database.

#9 March 11, 2013 4:26am

rosie11

Cheers. I did have the host name wrong in config.php but now I'm getting the following. However I checked the settings and the database name is correct and all the tables created successfully on the server:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'sqlfetch() called on invalid query resource. The most likely cause is an invalid sqlquery() call. Last error returned was: <b>No database selected</b> in query &mdash; SELECT * FROM bigtree_modules' in /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/sql.php:290 Stack trace: #0 /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/cms.php(24): sqlfetch(false) #1 /home/roseschi/public_html/core/bootstrap.php(50): BigTreeCMS->__construct() #2 /home/roseschi/public_html/core/admin/router.php(256): include('/home/roseschi/...') #3 /home/roseschi/public_html/site/index.php(55): include('/home/roseschi/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/roseschi/public_html/core/inc/bigtree/sql.php on line 290

#10 March 11, 2013 8:17am

benplum
Administrator

That error says that there isn't a database selected. Have you set your database name in the config.php ($bigtree["config"]["db"]["name"])? This is different then the user name and is how BigTree will know what database to read from and write to.

Board footer