#1 October 23, 2012 8:01am

kkonecke

Can't Login

I've installed BigTree and my example site is working, but I cannot login to the admin page.  I've tried running the installation several times but I'm always told I'm entering an invalid e-mail address or password.  What could I be doing wrong?

#2 October 24, 2012 11:44am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Can't Login

Can you verify that there's an entry in the bigtree_users table for the email address you're trying to login with?

#3 October 26, 2012 10:35am

kkonecke

There doesn't seem to be.  When I look at the table in HeidiSQL there are 10 columns: id, email, password, name, company, level, permissions, alerts, daily_digest, and change_password.  I don't see anything specific to the e-mail account I created during the installation.

#4 October 26, 2012 10:36am

kkonecke

There are no rows under the "Data" tab for the bigtree_users table.

#5 October 26, 2012 10:39am

timbuckingham
Administrator

It sounds like the user creation in the install process is failing for you but I've never seen that happen before.

If you manually add a record to the bigtree_users table with your email address, the "level" column set to 2, and $P$BVrfuFkCBcoGcwRUehyW951OJGwcJf0 as the password field you should be able to login with the password "test".

#6 October 26, 2012 10:44am

kkonecke

That doesn't work.  HeidiSQL gives me an error when creating the record stating "SQL Error (1364): Field 'permissions' doesn't have a default value."  When I try to login after adding the record I get the same "Invalid e-mail or password" error.

#7 October 26, 2012 10:47am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Try using straight up SQL queries, it seems like HeidiSQL is giving improper errors:

INSERT INTO bigtree_users (`email`,`password`,`level`) VALUES ('tester@test.com','$P$BVrfuFkCBcoGcwRUehyW951OJGwcJf0','2');

Replace tester@test.com with whatever email address you'd like.

#8 October 26, 2012 11:16am

kkonecke

I tried running that query using both HeidiSQL and Sql Manager for MySQL and they both returned the same errors.  They're expecting values for permissions, alerts, daily_digest, and change_password and won't accept null.

#9 October 26, 2012 11:23am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Try this query:

INSERT INTO bigtree_users (`email`,`password`,`level`,`permissions`,`alerts`,`daily_digest`,`change_password_hash`) VALUES ('tester@test.com','$P$BVrfuFkCBcoGcwRUehyW951OJGwcJf0','2','','','','');

#10 October 26, 2012 11:31am

kkonecke

Thanks, that worked!

#11 April 1, 2013 1:07pm

ruthsarian

Just tried to install 4.0RC2 and I ran into the same exact problem.

I changed line 150 of install.php to:

$result = mysql_query("INSERT INTO bigtree_users (`email`,`password`,`name`,`level`) VALUES ('$cms_user','$enc_pass','Developer','2')");
        if (!$result) {
            die('Invalid query: ' . mysql_error());
        }

And the error I received was:

Invalid query: Field 'permissions' doesn't have a default value

I updated line 150 of install.php to:

mysql_query("INSERT INTO bigtree_users(`email`,`password`,`name`,`level`,`permissions`,`alerts`,`daily_digest`,`change_password_hash`) VALUES ('$cms_user','$enc_pass','Developer','2','','','','')");

And the install created the CMS user as expected.

Board footer