#1 February 27, 2018 9:31pm

cdscholz

Associating a WYSIWYG callout on a template

Brand new to Big Tree and new site - we launched nearly 2 months ago and only got the code base a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I have a situation.

I have a quick-turn request to add 5 tracking pixel codes to our homepage. We got the request today at noon and they wanted it done today because the campaign starts tomorrow. I told them they'd have to delay the campaign.

I'd rather not have my dev modify the template (once we find it....)  since it's just a temporary campaign. My initial thought was to drop a WYSIWYG callout on the homepage template and put all the tracking code in there but apparently that callout isn't enabled on the home page template.

So, how do we do that? This won't be the last campaign they want hitting the homepage. I've paged thru some of the developer documentation but it's not readily obvious to me, given the time crunch.

Much thanks for any help!

#2 February 28, 2018 9:43am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Associating a WYSIWYG callout on a template

I would recommend using Google Tag Manager for tracking pixels. Add that to your layout file (probably in the header) and then manage tracking pixels from GTM. With GTM you can target which URLs get tracking pixels very easily and you don't have to worry about modifying BigTree templates or behavior whenever you need to change marketing campaigns.

Board footer