#1 October 12, 2016 6:37am

Terrra-Robin

Related module link on currently editting page

Sometimes it's a bit of a puzzle to find out where we can edit a certain part of a page becouse it's generated from a module.
Especially with routed templates (product pages).

It would be really great to have the option to make a field called "related module" or something that makes a button that can go to the related module (or even a selected item inside a module). Or maybe when you click on edit in Bigtree in a generated page, you go to the related item created in the module.

We hope you guys could make something like this.
It would be really helpfull for the user experience of our customers.

#2 October 12, 2016 9:22am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Related module link on currently editting page

In your template you can set $bigtree["bar_edit_link"] to be a link to where the user can edit the content in the CMS. For instance, on the detail page of a news item in a routed template:

$bigtree["bar_edit_link"] = ADMIN_ROOT."news/edit/".$news_item["id"]."/";

#3 November 3, 2016 9:51am

Terrra-Robin

I thought I already thanked you but i didn't hmm So thanks!
I still have one question:
- Is it possible to have a button to go to the module and also a button to edit the page content?

Thanks in advance!

#4 November 3, 2016 9:58am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Not presently, but you could override the default front-end bar javascript to add that! You'll want to copy /core/admin/ajax/bar.js.php to /custom/admin/ajax/bar.js.php -- you'll want to add the extra button somewhere around line 63. Without modifying /core/router.php as well you'll need to pass the module URL a bit differently - you could either go with a cookie or a session, I'd probably go with a session variable.

Board footer