#1 May 20, 2016 9:50am

jmason03

Custom Preview Links with Different Behavior

I have a module with a custom preview page I created. The preview page sits in /custom/admin/modules/module_name/_preview.php. When in the module and using the preview icon, everything works great. However, when using the "Save & Preview" button or the preview link from the "Pending Changes" page, I am given a 404 error. Technically, all of them are going to the same link but I have noticed that the one in the module (the one that is working) is a relative link, but the others are absolute. Is this a bug or is this resulting from me incorrectly placing my preview file?

Thanks

#2 May 20, 2016 11:13am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Custom Preview Links with Different Behavior

Is the Preview URL you've entered for your View a full URL or is it relative? If it's just a relative url (i.e. "_preview/") then it'll only work on the View (most likely because your view is the default landing for the module so it will already be at /admin/module_name/).

#3 May 23, 2016 2:32pm

jmason03

Re: Custom Preview Links with Different Behavior

Ah ok, that makes sense. Yes I had them as relative, I think because I thought it would be easier for them to work in the context of different domains but it should still be fine either way.

Thanks!

Board footer