#1 April 7, 2016 10:21am

jmason03

Nested Callouts Not Working

I'm running a clean install of 4.2.9 and I'm experiencing an issue with nested callouts. The setup is a callout resource defined for a template, a callout that has a field to select another callout, and then a second callout that just needs to have different fields than the first (in order to clearly see the issue). When you click the "Add Callout" button from the initial "Edit Page" screen, the dialog appears like normal and displays the correct fields. When you have the first callout selected and then click "Add Callout" from within that callout, it does open a second dialog box like you would expect, but no matter which callout use choose from "Callout Type" it does not change the fields in the visible dialog box. Instead, it is changing them in the first dialog box (the one that was opened when clicking "Add Callout" from the "Edit Page" screen). If you change the "Callout Type" to something different for the nested callout (the top level dialog box) and click "Cancel" you'll see that the in the first level dialog box the fields that are shown belong to the second callout even though the "Callout Type" has the first one selected.

#2 April 7, 2016 1:35pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Nested Callouts Not Working

Fixed in this commit:
https://github.com/bigtreecms/BigTree-C … 955eab866d

Let me know if you still have issues!

#3 April 7, 2016 1:41pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Doh, forgot one edit. Second commit should fix editing:
https://github.com/bigtreecms/BigTree-C … 4457bb2e28

#4 April 7, 2016 3:54pm

jmason03

Ok sorry I think this is a bug for a really specific scenario and of course it would be the setup that I have. So I implemented the fix (thank you for that) and I can switch back and forth and it updates the correct dialog box. However, on callouts with either one to many fields or select dropdowns, if I change to that callout from the first one (default one at the top of the list), the dropdowns are not styled correctly but more importantly when clicking "Add Item" on one to many fields I get this error in the console: "main.js:2151 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'remove' of undefined". Firefox has an issue with the same line but slightly different message: "TypeError: Select.customControl is undefined".

#5 April 7, 2016 3:59pm

jmason03

One other thing. In Chrome (Windows, latest version) only (seems to be fine in FF). If you have a nested callout saved and then go in to edit the page, click edit for the first callout, then click edit for the second (nested) one, none of the dropdowns (one to many or regular selects) are working. It's as if there is no click event bound to them. No error in the console is given, it's just like you're clicking on empty space. However, other browsers seem to be fine.

#6 April 8, 2016 10:51am

jmason03

I played around with it a little more and it appears that the new dropdown issue is affecting even just regular (top level) callouts but still only in Chrome. So whenever you go in to edit an existing callout that has either a one to many or dropdown field, if you click on any of the dropdown fields they don't expand and there is no error shown in the console.

Board footer