#1 December 22, 2015 7:59pm

Alex L
Website

BigTree CMS is suitable for a blog

Hello Community,

I am a German user of BigTree and have discovered it only now. My question is, whether one with Bigtree CMS can also blogging. These Trees, there are such articles on the website?

Comments do not, or at least there?

#2 December 22, 2015 10:31pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: BigTree CMS is suitable for a blog

If you download BigTree 4.0.13 it includes a blogging engine as part of its demo site:
https://www.bigtreecms.org/files/instal … 4.0.13.zip

You can upgrade from there to 4.2.8 by replacing the /core/ folder with the one from the 4.2.8 install.

#3 December 23, 2015 3:14am

Alex L
Website

Thanks for the quick reply and I have just installed the version 4.0.13. The TreeBlog is ever present.

One question I have! How can you change the Disqus Shortname so they are my Disqus comments. Currently it is not mine.

Thank you in advance.

#4 December 23, 2015 4:46am

Alex L
Website

Thank you, I have now found with Disqus smile

Then I wanted to know how the development of BigTree CMS will be? If you enable the newer versions the blogging engine or it still remains without Tree blog?

Would be interesting to know!

#5 December 23, 2015 11:59am

timbuckingham
Administrator

We are planning to release the blog as an extension at some point rather than having it tied to the 4.0 demo site - priority is currently on 4.3, though.

#6 December 23, 2015 1:13pm

Alex L
Website

Ok, thanks for your answer. Will it then subsequently be possible to upgrade from BigTree 4.0.13 to 4.3 ? The Tree blog I would then like to take.

Whether that will be technically possible?

Incidentally, I would like to upload an avatar in the forum, but it does not. It is shared anything. Could you please look up or you may not upload avatars?

Thank you in advance.

#7 December 23, 2015 9:51pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Yes, it will be possible to upgrade from 4.0.13 to 4.3 directly. All you will need to do is download the 4.3 zip file and unzip it to a separate directory. Then take the "core" folder from the 4.3 zip file and replace your "core" folder from 4.0.13 and go to your admin -- it will upgrade the database automatically.

I've also fixed uploading an avatar -- just make sure it's 60x60 pixels and it should go through fine. Tested it by uploading one for myself (I never knew this board supported them!)

#8 December 23, 2015 11:03pm

Alex L
Website

Thanks for the tips and just so I could upgrade, which worked. That with the avatar upload was successful.

Since I have a question though how can you use the tagging in the Tree blog? Plotting the tags separated by commas or with spaces in between?

Somehow I do not see any tags in the Tree blog and I was thinking more of the tagcloud in the sidebar or something like that. Do I need to maybe adjust something in the system?

#9 December 23, 2015 11:19pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Tagging is something you turn on and off on a per-form basis. You can edit the Posts module's form in the Developer tab and enable tagging if it currently is not on. When tagging is enabled you will see a tags field at the bottom of the form when adding or editing a post. You just type a tag in and hit enter to apply the tag. To add another start typing again and click enter or choose one of the suggested tags that populate in a drop down as you type.

#10 December 24, 2015 1:11am

Alex L
Website

Thank you, has worked great with the tagging.

And how can I make external links blue color in the Posts and I want a larger font in the posts, because something is too small.

I'm not sure what it is exactly .css file. I had been looking after the FTP account of my installation.

#11 December 24, 2015 10:19am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Your css files are located in /site/css/

Board footer