#1 September 27, 2015 5:00am

hritikjain

Best way to add new SMTP server for Email Delivery?

Hi, I am new in the Bigtree, It seems very promising  to manage the CMS application. But I stuck with SMTP Email integration.
I am looking for to add new SMTP Email integration, like: Gmail, Yahoo, etc... I like to have these configuration/heandle from Bigtree Admin section. I can understand the code if code need to be develop, then where/how I can do that?
If any one can help me to find the way, it will be very helpful for me.

Thanks

#2 September 28, 2015 9:16am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Best way to add new SMTP server for Email Delivery?

The easiest way to setup mail sending through an SMTP server is to do it via .htaccess (via php_flag or php_value) or inside your /custom/environment.php file (via ini_set) changing these relevant values: http://php.net/manual/en/mail.configuration.php and leaving the BigTree email delivery service to local.

If you wanted to actually write a core addition to BigTree for SMTP (which we'd happily welcome!) you'll want to look into modifying /core/inc/bigtree/apis/email-service.php and adding a method like sendMailSMTP that will facilitate reading configuration information and sending email over an SMTP server. You'd then edit /core/admin/modules/developer/email/default.php and update.php to add configuration options for the SMTP delivery service.

#3 October 3, 2015 4:44am

hritikjain

Hello Tim, Thank for the help. It seen your solution is quite promising. I tried in the same way as mentioned above via ini_set. But this is not working for us. Actually I am trying to use Gmail SMTP email. Here is my configurations:

ini_set ( 'SMTP' , 'ssl://smtp.gmail.com' ); OR ini_set ( 'SMTP' , 'smtp.gmail.com' ); TRIED BOTH
    ini_set ( 'smtp_port' , '465' );
    ini_set ( 'username' , 'aaaxxx@gmail.com' );
    ini_set ( 'password' , 'passwordxxx' );
    ini_set ( 'sendmail_from' , 'sendxxx@gmail.com' );

And Send email code is:
    $service = new BigTreeEmailService;
       $service->sendEmail($subject,$html_body,$to,$from_email,$from_name,$reply_to,$plain_text_body);

Please help us, if we are doing anything wrong in this.

#4 October 5, 2015 8:43am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Sorry for guiding you down the wrong path, it looks like SMTP support in the mail() function is only a Win32 thing and doesn't work in *NIX systems.

BigTree 4.2 does include the PHPMailer library by default, though, so you can use that directly. Here's a stack overflow article explaining how:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1445 … mtp-server

Board footer