#1 August 4, 2015 5:59pm

jesse.glaves

4.2.4 manual update

Hey there. What is the process for doing a manual update from 4.2.1 to 4.2.5? I received an early version of the Events extension from Tim a while back (before its official release), and the update to 4.2.1 appears to have broken the "all day" functionality of the Events - Date Chooser field. Also, when I click the blue wrench on that field, there are no configuration options available (maybe it has always been this way?). If I currently choose 'all day' on that field within the module, no value is written into the table column. On the official Events extension release page, the events module says that it only works on 4.2.4+, so I'm thinking that an update from 4.2.1 to 4.2.5 could possibly help with this situation? Again, Tim sent me an early version of the Events extension, so I'm wondering if an update to 4.2.5, and perhaps an additional update of the Events extension could fix this issue, but I'm not sure how to manually update the site files, and run the sql updates without being prompted by the CMS to do the update like I experienced with the major 4.2 release. The site is not currently prompting me to update anything. Thanks.

#2 August 5, 2015 10:22am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: 4.2.4 manual update

There's manual upgrade docs here: https://www.bigtreecms.org/docs/dev-guide/upgrading/
The short and sweet of it is that you download the newest BigTree 4.2.5 zip and replace your existing /core/ folder with the one from the zip smile

You're correct that there are no options for Events - Date Chooser... and unfortunately also correct about "All Day" being broken sad I found the issue but it unfortunately requires a BigTree update. If you'd like to just patch it before I do a full update, the change is here: https://github.com/bigtreecms/BigTree-C … 05fbea3a42 -- I'd still recommend updating to 4.2.5 first though as there have been some security fixes in the past few releases.

The latest events extension fixes some issues with custom date display formats in BigTree but shouldn't be needed if you're using the default US date format of mm/dd/Y.

#3 August 5, 2015 1:50pm

jesse.glaves

Great. Thanks Tim, that seems relatively painless.

#4 August 5, 2015 2:21pm

jesse.glaves

Updated to 5.2.5, and patched the Events module. Everything is working, thanks for the help.

Board footer