#1 April 27, 2015 6:55pm

jesse.glaves

Upload Selector Required Field

I don't know if this is a symptom of the 4.1.7 and 4.2.1 update's changes to the upload field, or if it has always behaved this way and I didn't notice, or if it can even be classified a bug. But, any time I edit a module to change something, if there is a file already uploaded (an image in this case), it says that the image is required, and makes me re-upload and redo crops on the image, even if I didn't want to make changes to the upload field. It seems that this should see that there have been no changes made to the upload field, and leave the entry as it was. Thanks.

#2 April 27, 2015 7:04pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Upload Selector Required Field

I'm not experiencing this issue in a clean 4.1.7 install. Does it happen in a clean install for you?

#3 April 27, 2015 7:11pm

jesse.glaves

I haven't tried it in a clean install, but I could snap a screenshot of the issue if you like. I'm currently running 4.2.1 though.

#4 April 27, 2015 7:13pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Strange, not seeing it occur in 4.2.1 either. Is it just a standard upload field or is it using a photo gallery?

#5 April 27, 2015 7:39pm

jesse.glaves

Just a standard upload field, with required checked and some crops manually set up.

#6 April 28, 2015 1:01pm

jesse.glaves

It sounds like this behavior is not by design, and has not been experienced by anyone else post-4.1.7/4.2.1 upgrade. I'm always the lucky one smile I'm definitely lost on how I should proceed. I could try adding a new upload field to the module, and re-enter all of the images that have been uploaded since launch, but I really can't afford to spend that much time on this at the moment. However, leaving it as is; forcing users to re-upload a photo every time they make a change to a module record is not really realistic either. I don't even think we could track down all of the original images at this point. And I can't just remove the required validation on the field either. Leaving it empty will not satisfy the requirements of the templates. I'll take a look at the upload field code and see if I can spot the issue.

#7 April 29, 2015 9:57am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Yeah, I'm at a loss unfortunately. Do you have anything doing any overrides in /custom/ on the upload field?
If not can you just dump the whole database (you can leave any sensitive info like bigtree_users out) and I'll try importing it on my local environment and see if it's some configuration issue?

#8 April 29, 2015 12:11pm

jesse.glaves

No /custom/ changes to upload.php. I took a good look at the admin > form-field-types > draw > upload.php, and didn't see anything that looked suspicious. I actually temporarily put the old upload.php code in there just to see if that made any difference, and I still experienced the same issue. So, whatever is happening doesn't seem to be directly related to the upload.php code itself. I'll email the db. Thanks Tim.

#9 April 30, 2015 3:07pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Thanks for the database dump, totally helped me figure out what was going on smile
This should be fixed in the 4.2-devel branch. I'm going to try to get out a 4.2.2 release since there's some other important bug fixes already in the devel branch awaiting release.

Commit is here in case you want to patch it locally:
https://github.com/bigtreecms/BigTree-C … 9320e51a77

#10 April 30, 2015 3:36pm

jesse.glaves

Patched! Thanks again.

Board footer