#1 April 27, 2015 7:10pm

jesse.glaves

Array of Items Fields

Any modules where I previously used the array of items fields seem to be broken. The fields are no longer showing on the edit page, and if the module is edited, blank values are inserted into those columns, effectively deleting previous content. I've played with the matrix field, and it seems to do a much better job, so I'll use that going forward. I was kind of expecting array of items to least be supported, or upgraded, but it looks like I'll need to go through and identify all modules that use this functionality and convert to matrix fields asap before anything else gets deleted on accident.

#2 April 27, 2015 7:16pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Array of Items Fields

Can you email me a dump of your bigtree_module_forms table? Array of Items fields in modules / templates / settings should be auto converted to Matrix in the 4.2 upgrade script. Matrix is a drop-in replacement functionality wise so AoI was removed. The only thing I know of that isn't supported is installing 4.1 packages that use Array of Items fields (those won't be auto converted).

#3 April 27, 2015 7:47pm

jesse.glaves

Emailed. Thanks Tim.

#4 April 27, 2015 7:49pm

jesse.glaves

Specifically, it's module ID 30 that I'm currently experiencing issues with.

#5 April 27, 2015 7:51pm

jesse.glaves

I was using Array of Items to choose from a list of Job Type checkboxes. There are a lot of job types, so I wasn't looking forward to redoing it! smile

Board footer