#1 April 23, 2015 1:24pm

jesse.glaves

4.2.1 Update - Potential Bugs

Hi there, I finally got some time to update to 4.2.1 and I'm noticing a few immediate issues.

Image cropping no longer works. When we attempt to resize images, the crop windows are no longer allowing us to specify crop boundaries. I noticed the new "Developer>Media" option in the dashboard menu, and I'm guessing there have been some changes to the way image resizing is handled, but when I press the "Add" button on the media page, nothing happens. So, I'm unable to explore this new feature, unless I'm not understanding something.

To try and see if perhaps changing the configuration options on the "Upload" field type might fix the aforementioned issue, and to see if the upload field type was somehow affected by the changes to new media handling, I attempted to configure the upload field in this particular module. Unfortunately, this field's blue wrench/screwdriver icon is not clickable. I then checked to see if any of the fields in this module were configurable, and clicking the icon does not seem to do anything for any fields. No context menu appears.

Also, we have noticed random inabilities to click icons. Clicking the archive button in one of our module's records was not responsive until the page was refreshed. It worked after a reload.

If I can elaborate on anything, please let me know. I've temporarily disabled some prominent features of the website, so I'm hoping these are known issues that can resolved fairly quickly smile

#2 April 23, 2015 1:43pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: 4.2.1 Update - Potential Bugs

Are you receiving any Javascript errors? BigTree 4.2 had a large Javascript overhaul so if your browser has cached the old Javascript that could be an issue.

#3 April 23, 2015 1:43pm

jesse.glaves

Update. The Developer>Media add button now seems to be working. I'm wondering if the click issues are stemming from cached javascript?

#4 April 23, 2015 1:46pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Just for clarification, the new Media settings just let you create presets that you can use in place of the custom image settings. The actual image settings haven't changed any except for the addition of automatic crops from the center of the image.

We're running a few live sites on 4.2 and haven't had any cropping issues.

#5 April 23, 2015 1:46pm

jesse.glaves

I just had the same thought. I'm clearing the cache and will check to see if the issues clear up.

#6 April 23, 2015 1:48pm

jesse.glaves

I should have thought of that. Sorry for the confusion; everything seems to be working as expected.

#7 April 23, 2015 5:00pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

No problem, glad it's working for you!

Board footer