#1 April 6, 2015 3:06pm

bheil

Upgrade fails on WAMP server

I'm using WAMPServer V2.5 (apache 2.4.9, PHP 5.6.17) while testing BigTree and so far things have been going well.  I just clicked the upgrade to 4.2 button and the upgrade failed with the following errors:

Warning: include(../core/admin/router.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\bigtree\site\index.php on line 56

Warning: include(): Failed opening '../core/admin/router.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp\www\bigtree\site\index.php on line 56

What appears to be happening is the core directory gets backed up to backups directory, but this error is thrown before the new updated core directory is copied, so of course the files in /core/admin aren't found.

Anyone have any ideas why this may be breaking, and what I can do as a workaround?  I've was able to simply extract the core directory from the install file to the appropriate place and things seem to work, but I'm wondering if the install script is failing before other things in the upgrade process have a chance to happen? 
Is there another way to upgrade besides using the Upgrade button?

#2 April 6, 2015 4:46pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Upgrade fails on WAMP server

That's very strange -- my best guess is that file permissions prevented BigTree from moving the new core into place. Windows is notorious for not reporting the right permissions to PHP, so that's most likely the case.

To upgrade manually, simply replace the existing /core/ directory with the /core/ directory from the newer zip file and then visit the admin's Developer section. It will perform the update SQL if it failed to do so before.

Make sure you re-download the BigTree 4.2 zip file today as there was a bug fix for upgrades:
https://twitter.com/bigtreecms/status/5 … 6275699712

Board footer