#1 February 16, 2015 2:48pm

i_adam

Backup?

Hello, what is the best way to backup? traditional way? file archiving and db export to sql? or anyone can suggest some better or easier method?

#2 February 16, 2015 2:51pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Backup?

We generally have nightly SQL dumps via AutoMySQLBackup scripts. For filesystem backups we use RAID 1 or 5, nightly offsite backups, and on some development machines we use things like Apple's Time Machine.

#3 February 16, 2015 2:51pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

If you don't have access to run something like AutoMYSQLBackup but have cron access you can also run BigTree's backupAdmin method to dump the BigTree database: http://www.bigtreecms.org/docs/code/cor … upDatabase

#4 February 16, 2015 2:55pm

i_adam

Thanks for the quick reply. I am a php developer actually and thinking to write something like a backup extension for bigtree community. Can I write a commercial extension? which can work fine in shared hosting environments. Any thoughts?

#5 February 16, 2015 3:12pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

BigTree is LGPL so you're welcome to build an add-on for it that's sold commercially. We're gearing up to release an open source add-on community with the BigTree 4.2 release but we hope to also add commercial extensions into the directory shortly after that goes live smile

#6 February 16, 2015 3:15pm

i_adam

That's great.

Can I PM you by the way?

#7 February 16, 2015 3:25pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Sure, feel free to PM me or send me an email.

Board footer