#1 February 26, 2014 5:34pm

jmason03

No Data Tables in Module Editor

I'm trying to create a new module and having a little trouble. I initially went through the Module Designer and made a new module that I want to use for an image slider. During that process, I entered homepage_slider as the table name and after I finished creating it I checked and there is a table in my BigTree database called homepage_slider with only an id column and approved column. However, when I go back to configure some options in the module, it will not let me update anything because it keeps saying I have not selected a Data Table from the dropdown box except that there are no tables listed in that dropdown. I'm not sure if there is something else I need to do to get the table I created to appear in the Data Table dropdown. If it is any help, I have never seen any table names listed in that dropdown even when working with some of the sample modules.

Thanks for any help

#2 March 3, 2014 6:22pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: No Data Tables in Module Editor

I wish I had better news for you, but I can't replicate this at all sad I did a clean install of Windows Server 2012 / PHP / IIS 8 / MySQL and everything acted normally.

Any chance you can run the "SHOW TABLES" query in MySQL and paste the results? Those dropdowns are generated by that query so I'd imagine it has something to do with it but I'm not sure what.

#3 February 26, 2014 5:45pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Can you take a screen shot of this occurring for me? That sounds super strange. The drop downs should only exclude tables with the "bigree_" prefix.

Thanks!

#4 February 26, 2014 5:53pm

jmason03

This is a screenshot from the Blog module that came with the example Big Tree setup from the installation but the problem is the same on all custom modules as well. I do have multiple tables in my database without the bigtree_ prefix but none of them show up in that dropdown.

Thanks for your help

#5 February 26, 2014 5:58pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Really strange. What's your server setup? If I remember correctly you're running IIS but PHP and MySQL version would help as well. I'd like to try to replicate the server config in a virtual machine and see if I can find the issue.

Thanks!

#6 February 27, 2014 3:56pm

jmason03

Yes I'm running IIS 8 along with PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.6

Thanks for your help

Board footer