#1 October 25, 2013 2:20pm

etherealclarity

Pending Blog Post issue

Hello! I've been using your BTX Dogwood module as a blog on my client's site, but we are now running into issues with posts that aren't immediately published.

If a user hits 'Save' instead of 'Save and Publish' after creating a new blog post, a pending post is created BUT upon trying to edit that pending post, they get the following error:

[b]Warning[/b]: include(/home/admcdev/resstpaul.dreamhosters.com/core/admin/auto-modules/forms/p58.php) http://www.resstpaul.org/admin/btx-dogwood-blog/edit/p58/function.include]function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in[b]/home/admcdev/resstpaul.dreamhosters.com/core/admin/auto-modules/form.php[/b] on line [b]17[/b]

[b]Warning[/b]: include() [[url=http://www.resstpaul.org/admin/btx-dogwood-blog/edit/p58/function.include]function.include]: Failed opening '/home/admcdev/resstpaul.dreamhosters.com/core/admin/auto-modules/forms/p58.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in [b]/home/admcdev/resstpaul.dreamhosters.com/core/admin/auto-modules/form.php[/b] on line [b]17[/b]

I checked in the database and the pending post isn't associated with any ID, even though you can see some post information on the page. Is that data stored locally or cached somewhere? If so, it appears that it isn't working! Please advise. Thanks so much!

#2 October 25, 2013 2:41pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Pending Blog Post issue

Pending data will be stored in bigtree_pending_changes.

As far as that warning goes, I'm not sure what's going on exactly. In my demo site setup it seems to work properly with editing pending entries. Can you post the URL that generates that warning? You can strip out the domain if you don't want to post your dev URL, just trying to get a handle on what routing might lead to that error.

#3 October 28, 2013 7:57am

etherealclarity

Sure, here's the URL that generates the warning:

/admin/btx-dogwood-blog/edit/p62/?view_data=YTozOntzOjQ6InZpZXciO3M6MToiMyI7czo2OiJzZWFyY2giO3M6MDoiIjtzOjQ6InBhZ2UiO2k6MTt9

#4 October 28, 2013 9:27am

timbuckingham
Administrator

That's really strange, when I use the same link I (properly, since I don't have a pending item 62) get an "Error: The item you are trying to edit no longer exists." message.

I'm guessing from your directory link that you're on Dreamhost? Do you know which version of the routing you used when installing BigTree (Basic / Simple Rewrite / Advanced)?

Hopefully I can narrow it down and fix whatever this issue is in the next release.

#5 October 28, 2013 12:39pm

etherealclarity

Yes, this site is on Dreamhost.

I do not recall exactly which version of routing I used, as it has been a while since I did the installation. Do you know if there's an easy way for me to find out?

#6 October 28, 2013 12:45pm

etherealclarity

I should note that this doesn't seem to happen with ordinary pages, just with the blog module. And it doesn't happen if you hit 'Save and Publish'. Just if you hit 'Save'.

#7 October 28, 2013 1:09pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Are URLs being routed through index.php (i.e. http://localhost/index.php/admin/) or are they just http://localhost/admin/ ?

#8 October 28, 2013 2:48pm

etherealclarity

just /admin, no index.php in the url.

#9 October 29, 2013 4:59pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Sadly I'm not sure how much help I can be. I signed up for a trial Dreamhost account, installed the example site, saved a post so that it was pending, and then went to edit it. Everything seemed to go well.

Do you have any special settings in Web Options? I've so far tested PHP 5.3 FastCGI, PHP 5.4 FastCGI, and "Extra Web Security" on and off. No luck bringing about that error, unfortunately sad

#10 October 30, 2013 8:38am

etherealclarity

Is 'Web Options' something you can access in the admin area? If so, I'm not seeing it. Or are you referring to something on the hosting account?

I should note that I'm on version 4.0RC2, I know you guys have had 4.0 release come out since then.

#11 October 30, 2013 10:03am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Web Options is in the domain setup in Dreamhost. It's very possible that there was a bug in RC2 that's causing this. RC2 -> 4.0 final was a huge bugfix release.

#12 October 30, 2013 11:39am

etherealclarity

I don't believe we changed any of the web options from their defaults. Extra Web Security is on and PHP 5.3.x FastCGI (default) is selected.

The only thing potentially unusual we did with domain setup is we have the site residing on one domain but redirecting to another.

Is there an easy way to upgrade to the latest version of BigTree?

#13 October 30, 2013 11:45am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Generally you can just take the /core/ folder from the official release and replace the /core/ folder in RC2. After that, login to the admin and it will ask you to do a database upgrade.

That should be it unless you've done a bunch of customizations.

#14 October 30, 2013 11:48am

etherealclarity

I'm also now noticing that the callouts on one of the pages have disappeared. The data is still in the database, but they aren't appearing on the page to edit, delete, etc.

Do you think the two issues might be related?

#15 October 30, 2013 11:50am

timbuckingham
Administrator

I know we fixed some things to do with callouts in 4.0, it's possible there was a data corruption bug back then. Hard to say for sure.

#16 October 31, 2013 8:00am

etherealclarity

Looks like this issue was solved with the new version! Upgrade worked great, thanks!

I'm not sure if the callout issue was resolved or not - I ended up having to re-create the callout type because the 'Add callout' button was non-responsive. I think you are correct that it was a data corruption issue because once I deleted the old type everything worked fine.

Thanks for your help!

Board footer