#1 April 19, 2018 11:04am

doon.mok

Form Builder Scheduling bug

I was testing the new form builder(v2.1) and found a bug with the Scheduling and Limits "Next Steps >>" button

My test scenarios

- Add form TEST, click both check boxes Limit Number of Entries and Schedule Opening and Closing of Form Entries, fill out all information and Update.
Everything works fine.

- Edit TEST form and uncheck Limit Number of Entries and leave Schedule Opening and Closing of Form Entries checked, click Next Step, Click Next Step(Fields Tab) and it takes me to the Limits tab without a Next Step button instead of the Scheduling tab. Update.
It takes me to limit tab even though I have that unchecked and there is no Next Step button to get to Scheduling.

-Edit TEST form and click Scheduling tab and click Next Step, it takes me to the Base Price screen.
Don't think there should be a next step button that takes me to Base Price. I don't have payment processing set up.

My dev site is on bigtree 4.2.22

#2 May 1, 2018 11:39am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Form Builder Scheduling bug

Thanks for the bug report! This actually ended up being a BigTree core bug (just pushed the fix to 4.2-devel) in that it did not respect the hidden state of tabs when determining what "next" referred to.

#3 July 10, 2018 12:00pm

doon.mok

Hey Tim,

I am still getting this issue with Bigtree 4.2.23 and Form Builder 2.1.1

Form Builder > Edit form > click Properties tab > click check box Schedule Opening and Closing of Form Entries > click Scheduling tab > Next Step button shows up. If you click on it twice, it goes back to Properties tab but shows Properties and Scheduling fields.

This issue only seems to happen if Limit Number of Entries checkbox IS NOT checked.

#4 July 10, 2018 12:08pm

doon.mok

Also I don't have enable payment processing setup.

#5 July 10, 2018 1:34pm

doon.mok

Noticed another issue, when you edit a form, it takes you to the Fields tab but there is a Next Step button even though there are no other tabs to go to.

#6 July 11, 2018 10:29am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback, Doon!

I've pushed some changes to the 4.2-devel branch that I think will make the next button toggling on/off much better (I re-tested with your steps above and I'm not seeing Next show up when there's no visible panel in the cases mentioned above).

#7 July 11, 2018 12:07pm

doon.mok

Hey Tim,

Adding a picture of the Next Step button when I edit a form even though there is no tab next to Fields.
https://imgur.com/a/c15emAI

I also did a clean install of bigtree(4.2.3) with the demo site locally and still same issue with form builder(2.1.1).
I did see your changes to 4.2-devel which looks like it will fix this issue.

Board footer