#1 June 4, 2013 12:16pm

asiral

Module Actions

I was wondering if you could provide a quick overview of module actions and some example implementations to give an idea of how they can be used. They might be used in the sample code (I haven't seem them yet in my searching), but the documentation is lacking on this feature so I was hoping for at least an orientation before digging through code further -- even how it affects the database would be nice, if it's helpful.

And if I've missed this in the documentation, feel free to just point me there as well.  Thanks!  smile

#2 June 4, 2013 12:20pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Module Actions

You're right, I don't think it's anywhere in the documentation.

Module actions are useful for two things:
- They create a button in the sub navigation for a module if you tell them to be in navigation
- They will draw the breadcrumb and header when the page is hit.

They're mostly used for when you are hand coding a module (or a piece of a module). For example, if we had a news module that had its view/form controlled by BigTree but we wanted a page for statistics about the news you could create a "View Statistics" module action with the "statistics" route. You could then add a /custom/admin/modules/news/statistics.php file that would draw the statistics page. Having the module action will have that page also automatically draw it's breadcrumb and h1.

Board footer