#1 February 28, 2013 5:49pm

matthisamoto

Rackspace Cloud Storage error

I entered my Rackspace Cloud Files key and username, yet trying to publish a page with a photo upload leads to an auth error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'AuthenticationException' with message 'Invalid username or access key.'

I don't know if the process from Rackspace has changed, but is there a step I'm missing? Also, are we able to specify the container at which to point?

#2 March 6, 2013 11:44am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Rackspace Cloud Storage error

It's been a while since I've checked out the Cloud Files integration so it's possible their API has changed or I've bungled something. I'm fairly sure you can't specify a container at the moment - I think BigTree creates containers based on a hash of the "directory" that the file would be uploaded to if Cloud Files wasn't activated.

Having learned recently that Amazon S3 limits your buckets to 100 I imagine this isn't the best approach and I'll be giving it a close eye in the near future. I'm caught up in other things right now (and was off on vacation, sorry for the late reply!) or I'd jump on it immediately.

#3 March 24, 2013 7:49pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Rackspace Cloud Storage error

Just wanted to follow up that there was indeed a bug with setting S3 / Rackspace credentials in RC2. I've fixed it in the development branch but I'm going to be doing some more tweaking of the way buckets are handled over the next few days (and possibly Rackspace containers as well).

Board footer