#1 February 18, 2017 10:41am

BK

Text Editor

I went to a website and copied a bunch of text as I experiment with the text editor. When I pasted into the text editor, the content was pasted as a table. What caused this reflex?
I have repeated the action several times with mixed results. My thought is my copy may have included a complete div and this causes it to paste as a table. Thoughts?
Also, in the text editor window there is a frame placed around the table - sometimes. Could you tell me what causes this? I know I am in a table when the table toolbar appears as well as the markup language below the editor window.
My testing shows if I choose to paste as plain text, the content is not placed in a table and I believe this is a correct reflex.
Thanks again for helping a rookie.

#2 February 18, 2017 6:39pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Text Editor

Hard to say what caused a table to be added. It must have come from whatever the source was being copied as the editor won't add anything that wasn't in the source (paste is a function of the browser itself).

Seeing the frame I believe is a button in TinyMCE that turns on grids around block level elements. I'd recommend reading up on TinyMCE directly here:
https://www.tinymce.com

#3 February 20, 2017 10:37am

BK

Re: Text Editor

Thanks, Tim. I have spent some time poking around their site and more questions come to mind...but let me do some research and learning to find out what has already been answered on these pages.

Board footer