#1 September 29, 2016 10:25am

jmason03

Group Based Permissions Working with Multiple Values

I'm having some trouble tracking down what's happening in my view. What I want is to be able to assign an item to multiple groups, store that value as JSON in my table, then use that column as my group based permissions field, then have the view show the records that that user is assigned to across all groups. It's my understanding that the way things are setup, it's designed to only handle scenarios where the gbp field is a single id value. Can you tell me what function I would need to modify to have it also look for the value in a JSON string. I've tried tracking it down and can't seem to find where those fields are being removed from the overall data set.

Thanks!

#2 October 3, 2016 3:17pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Group Based Permissions Working with Multiple Values

This is definitely a tough question to tackle smile Group based permissions is all setup around the idea of single-group permissions rather than multiples.

I'm not thinking at my clearest right now (getting over being sick and lots of long hour projects), but I think there's three primary places that would need updating:

BigTreeAutoModule - cacheRecord (stores stuff in gbp_field and published_gbp_field)
BigTreeAdmin - getCachedAccessLevel (reads view cache data to return a user's access level)
BigTreeAdmin - getAccessLevel (reads regular DB data to return a user's access level)

Board footer