#1 August 1, 2016 9:42am

JerryDi

Can I do this with BigTree?

Hi,
I am planning a website for a golf association centenary. There will be the usual standard pages, galleries, blogs etc, but I also plan to include the 100 years of club and player records. This is a fair amount of data eg ~ 2,500 players, 120 clubs, championship records, match records etc. All of this data I need to import from csv files.
I will need to design queries eg to show which players from a club represented the county, which ones won championships etc.
I've not used Bigtree before [I have used Expression Engine and Couch] So can you advise me if  Bigtree a good fit for this?
Many thanks
Jerry

#2 August 1, 2016 9:50am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Can I do this with BigTree?

You shouldn't have any issues with a data set of that size - BigTree works great for relational data (many to many, one to many fields) as it's built on top of MySQL tables for each data type (rather than jamming them into a single table).

#3 August 1, 2016 9:56am

JerryDi

Thanks Tim
Is there a facility to import csv files?
Jerry

#4 August 1, 2016 9:57am

timbuckingham
Administrator

I'd recommend setting up your database tables first and then using something like phpMyAdmin or Sequel Pro to facilitate importing the CSVs.

#5 August 1, 2016 9:59am

JerryDi

ok thanks.
It will be a while till I have the data ready but I will install Bigtree to get the hang of it before then

Board footer