#1 June 20, 2016 5:33pm

bshoemaker

Cover Photo Size Issue

All-
We're having an issue when selecting the cover photos for articles.

The image in question is stored on S3, and exceeds the minimum-size requirements

File Type jpg
Width 2000
Height 1333
Uploaded 1/21/16 @ 1:59pm

However, when I try to save, I get the following error:
Cover: Image uploaded (image.jpg) did not meet the minimum size of 1380x520 pixels.
Cover: An invalid file was uploaded. Valid file types: JPG, GIF, PNG.

We recently changed some file permissions, so I'm wondering if BigTree needs to be able to write to cache directories or something?
Is there some sort of integrity-check page that will verify everything is working as expected?

Thanks!
Ben Shoemaker

#2 June 20, 2016 5:46pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Cover Photo Size Issue

BigTree does need to be able to write to /site/files/ to make a temporary copy of the S3-stored image for image dimension checking and cropping. I believe that this is one of the directories checked by the Site Status feature in the Developer section. If you use that it should tell you all the directories that it believes should be writable that aren't.

#3 June 20, 2016 7:15pm

bshoemaker

That was precisely it.
Thanks so much!

-Ben

#4 June 21, 2016 9:37am

bshoemaker

Hmm.

That allowed us to use the existing images that were in the Image Library, but we're still having trouble uploading new images.

The upload acts like it works correctly, but we end up with a broken image link in the Image Library.
Is there another cache directory I've missed, that isn't actually displayed in the site status?

Thanks!
Ben Shoemaker

#5 July 11, 2017 2:32pm

doon.mok

Hello Ben,

Did you ever figure out this issue? We are having the same issue. There are write permissions for the /site/files/ folder and Site Status is all green. I also truncated  the bigtree_module_view_cache table.

Board footer