#1 June 12, 2016 3:27pm

Terrra-Robin

Multiple dates with time and title trough Matrix

Hello,

I'm creating a website for a client who gives workshops. She wants to show a scedule with the dates, starting / ending times and a title for each workshop session (like introduction lesson or painting basics lesson). When I try to save a date or time in the matrix field, nothing gets into the database. I now have created a "text" field for my matrix field, that should be the good way to go right?

Does anyone know how to do this. Thanks in advance smile

#2 June 12, 2016 8:06pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Multiple dates with time and title trough Matrix

Are you using the latest release (4.2.11)? A MySQL "TEXT" field should be fine for up to 65,000 characters so most Matrix fields would be fine there.

If you're running 4.2.11 and still not seeing anything get stuck in the column in the DB I'd try editing /core/admin/auto-modules/forms/process.php and adding this code on line 199 (before the Redirect lines):

print_r($bigtree["entry"]);
print_r($bigtree["sql"]);
die();

That should print out what it's attempting to store in the database and then all of the SQL queries (if you have $bigtree["config"]["debug"] set to a truthy value) and SQL errors. If you could drop that here in a reply or send me a PM if you're uncomfortable with that much info on the forum I'll see what I can do to help!

#3 June 13, 2016 8:47am

Terrra-Robin

Re: Multiple dates with time and title trough Matrix

Arghh, stupid me. I forgot to give the fields an ID field! tongue . That's a good method for diagnosing a problem in the future. Thanks for helping anyway!

Board footer