#1 March 10, 2016 12:59pm

Terrra-Robin

Pasting text from word

Hello,

A client of mine is filling her website with content. Like many other clients, she would love to use word to copy her texts into the tinyMCE wysiwyg editor. I have been trying to use the "paste" plugin to remove styling  but I didn't manage to get it working. I only have a button which says: "paste" now, but it does nothing.
I know Word is always a struggle but it would be a really great advantage for my clients if they can copy their text from word into Bigtree.

So my quistion: Is there a way to paste text from word (or another program that's styling text) into tinyMCE, without losing the paragraphs and headings?  And how to do it the proper way. I prefer to not make changes in the core files becouse updates overwrite them.

Thank you in advance!

#2 March 10, 2016 1:22pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Pasting text from word

Unfortunately there's no way to preserve formatting when pasting from Word. It's more of an issue with the way the HTML contentEditable attribute works than it is specifically with TinyMCE -- it's baked into browsers the way paste in content. You either get all of the messy code from Word (with tags that break your site) or you get plain text.

#3 March 16, 2016 4:42am

Terrra-Robin

Hmm, allright. I saw the "super paste"plugin from tinyMCE. That should do the job, but I think it's not for free. Another option is, like you said to paste as plain text. How can I activate that option in tinyMCE without editting the core?

#4 March 16, 2016 7:15am

timbuckingham
Administrator

You'll want to copy /core/admin/layouts/_html-field-loader.php into /custom/admin/layouts/ and change the TinyMCE configuration parameters there.

#5 March 21, 2016 3:03pm

Terrra-Robin

It's working perfectly. Thanks! smile

Board footer