#1 May 22, 2015 1:38am

visconti

Multi-language backend

It would be nice to have a multi-language supported backend for BigTreeCMS. Currently I have to edit most core files to adjust the language. However by updating / upgrading / starting a new clean project i have to do it all over again. I'd say it would be a really nice to have feature for future releases :-).

PS: Bigtree rocks!

#2 May 22, 2015 8:58am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Multi-language backend

Thanks for the kind words! We are planning to add admin translations to BigTree 4.3 -- once we have the translation setup in place (still in planning at the moment) we'll begin asking the community for language string contributions at which point we would love to have your help in translating BigTree to a non-English language! smile

#3 May 22, 2015 9:45am

visconti

That sounds great! Let me know if I you need assistance for the Dutch version, would be more then happy to help out.

#4 May 29, 2015 4:02am

visconti

Tim, also keep in mind to create an option for date and time manipulation. For instance, our default settings would be:

dd/mm/yyyy
H:i:s

Where you woud use mm/dd/yyyy

Fixed it by adding below rule to the custom/settings.php

$bigtree["config"]["date_format"] = "d/m/Y";

Last edited by visconti (May 29, 2015 4:57am)

#5 May 29, 2015 9:28am

timbuckingham
Administrator

BigTree 4.2 actually supports using a different default date format (it's in /custom/settings.php). If you upgrade from 4.1, you'll want to add the following line to settings.php (or templates/config.php if you're coming from BigTree 4.0):

$bigtree["config"]["date_format"] = "m/d/Y"; // Format for default values for date pickers, see http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

#6 July 20, 2015 8:59am

visconti

Not sure how far you are with 4.3, but if you need some translations upfront, give me a shout.

#7 July 21, 2015 2:53pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Sadly the translation support hasn't been kicked off yet, but it will soon! As soon as I get the translation strings together I'll put together a post to try to get them translated. Thanks!

#8 February 16, 2016 4:53am

visconti

Any update on this Tim? I'm starting my 9th project, wanted to include the latest branch of BigTree, however don't feel like translating everything again ;-).

#9 February 16, 2016 9:36am

timbuckingham
Administrator

I wish I had better news, but no progress at this time sad BigTree 4.3 has been stalled a bit as the team has been swamped with client work. Hopefully sometime this Spring!

Board footer