#1 February 16, 2015 3:33pm

jesse.glaves

Module searchable list view excluding records with apostrophes

It appears that a module (searchable list) view is excluding any records that have text columns with apostrophes in them. If I check out the database, the apostrophe's are being escaped correctly in the database.

These three rows are visible in the database, but not in the view.

'63', '...', '...', 'Director\'s Assistant/Employee Recruitment Coordinator', '', '', '[]', '[]', '[]', '[]', '[]', 'Staff', '...'
'89', '...', '...', 'Director\'s Administrative Clerk', '', '', '[]', '[]', '[]', '[]', '[]', 'Staff', '...'
'120', '...', '...', 'Student Health Clinic Physician\'s Assistant', '', '', '[]', '[]', '[]', '[]', '[]', 'Staff', '...'

#2 February 16, 2015 4:28pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Module searchable list view excluding records with apostrophes

Can you send me a dump of the table (or just those few rows) as well as the row from bigtree_module_views for that list view? I used some test data on my development copy and I'm not running into an issue with apostrophes.

Thanks!

#3 February 17, 2015 10:35am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Looks like the issue is with your "position" column -- it's being used for text but it's one of BigTree's reserved columns. Not 100% sure why it's not caching those records into the view, but you wouldn't be able to show that column in the view due to it being a reserved column. I switched the column's name to "title" and it loaded in those records properly.

I also noticed your view parsers for each column were just a variable name -- not sure what the intention was there but it was throwing errors when caching.

#4 February 17, 2015 1:46pm

jesse.glaves

Oh man, of course. I can't believe I didn't catch that. Thanks.

timbuckingham wrote:

I also noticed your view parsers for each column were just a variable name -- not sure what the intention was there but it was throwing errors when caching.

Not sure what you mean here. Where would I look to see this?

#5 February 17, 2015 2:19pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Here's what I'm referring to (when editing the view):

kf7PAwq.png

#6 February 17, 2015 2:28pm

jesse.glaves

Oh yeah. Completely unnecessary. I think I did that before I had a good grasp on what the view parsers were used for. I deleted them.

Board footer