#1 December 14, 2014 10:36am

spliffy

Migrating from localhost to live environment

I've just finished developing a site using BigTree (for the first time) and I would like to know what is the simplest way to migrate it from my localhost to a live host. I'm contemplating between GoDaddy and Fatcow

#2 December 14, 2014 10:55am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Migrating from localhost to live environment

I don't have any experience with Fatcow, but GoDaddy will need some tweaking. We have a guide for adjusting GoDaddy's php.ini and BigTree's .htaccess file here:
http://www.bigtreecms.org/docs/dev-guid … n/godaddy/

As far as the migration, you should be able to just upload your site, dump and import your database, and then edit /custom/environment.php to adjust the domain, www_root, static_root, admin_root, and database connection parameters.

#3 December 15, 2014 11:26am

spliffy

Thanks a lot. Also, besides GoDaddy and 1 and 1 hosting, are there any other hosts that you can recommend which will work fine with BigTree?

#4 December 15, 2014 11:28am

timbuckingham
Administrator

We are big fans of Linode and Digital Ocean hosting (if you're a little savvy on the server setup side). All hosts should work with the "Basic" routing mode of BigTree as long as PHP's short tags are supported. It really comes down to how well a host supports .htaccess as a lot of hosts are very restrictive (and .htaccess is needed for the pretty URLs without index.php/ attached).

#5 December 16, 2014 8:22pm

spliffy

Thanks a lot. I hosted it on GoDaddy and it worked.

#6 September 5, 2017 2:11pm

connellhunte

Just sharing in the forum. I had some issues with Migration on a Linux server using PLESK panel. You must make sure that when migrating your environment configuration matches your Plesk panel. So for example, if your Bigtree configuration has site URL as www.yourdomain.com then the Plesk panel must register exactly www.yourdomain.com and not yourdomain.com. This will throw a CSRF error.

Board footer