#1 November 24, 2014 5:41pm

jesse.glaves

Module: Repeatable "user-added" fields

Is there any way to add a field in a module that is initially empty and optional, that enables the user add one or more repeating entries? I'm creating a staff/faculty directory, and want to give the users a way to add multiple entries for one field. i.e. an education field.

2010 - Master of Education - Some University
2006 - Bachelor of Arts - Some University

#2 November 24, 2014 5:42pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Module: Repeatable "user-added" fields

In BigTree 4.1 you'll want to use the Array of Items field type.
If by chance you're looking at 4.2, it will be renamed (and vastly improved) as Matrix.

#3 November 24, 2014 5:44pm

jesse.glaves

Thanks. I haven't upgraded yet, but I need to. My initial holdup is just the fact that I'm not able to upgrade automatically via FTP. I just edit locally on our server. I don't want to mess anything up with a manual update, and we're getting closer to launch.

#4 November 24, 2014 5:46pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

4.0 and 4.1 I believe both have the same Array of Items functionality, so if you're on either of those branches you should be good.

4.2 definitely isn't production ready, though it should be in a month or two!

#5 November 24, 2014 5:59pm

jesse.glaves

Yeah, I've yet to upgrade to 4.1. I recently stepped back into this project after a couple months of being taken away by other things. I guess I was referring to the 4.1 update, which, if I understand, doesn't feature the matrix field anyway. So I will move forward with the array of items for now, and look forward to more great features in the future!

Board footer