#1 July 15, 2014 1:29pm

jesse.glaves

Custom List of Pages

How would you recommended going about creating a custom list of existing pages within the site? I have a gateway style menu which I would like to use to list a collection of pages, but I want those pages to live in their corresponding locations within the site, not underneath a Gateway menu subpage in the navigation system. Hopefully that makes sense.

#2 July 15, 2014 4:34pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Custom List of Pages

When we have consistent navigation or gateway types stuff (Students, Alumni, Faculty, etc lists) we generally use Settings to do it. Just a basic Array of Items field with title / link.

#3 July 15, 2014 4:48pm

jesse.glaves

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to create. Settings seems like a good idea, thanks. It's a little more difficult for the average editor to update it that way, but I don't foresee these menus changing very often. They can just request that I take care of those changes.

#4 July 15, 2014 4:50pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Yeah, using settings restricts it to Administrators, but that's generally the only people we want editing those kind of menus anyway.
Your other option would be to create a module with all the different menus in it with a title field and then an array of items field. You could then use group based permissions on the title field if you wanted to give certain users permission to certain menus.

Board footer