#1 June 18, 2014 4:43pm

jmason03

Issues Using TinyMCE4

I'm using an HTML editor within one of my callouts, the problem I'm having is that when I click the Format dropdown nothing happens and I'm forced to leave it on the default "Paragraph" selection. After looking at the code I realized that I was loading TinyMCE 3 so I decided that I would change it to Tiny MCE 4 and see if that helped. I went into the config.settings file and changed the name to "TinyMCE 4" and the src to "tinymce4/tinymce.js". However, upon a logout and then going back in and loading the page editor I still saw TinyMCE 3.

I was able to trace it to the _html-field-loader.php file on the fourth line where it tests if $bigtree["config"]["html_editor"] is set. The else case being that the name is set to "TinyMCE 3". After some testing I realized that it was always going to that else case, regardless of what I set the bigtree html_editor variable to.  If I changed the else case to "TinyMCE 4" then the I would just get a blank space where the editor should go. So, the first problem seems to be that it does not recognize that the bigtree variable is set and the second is that if the name is set to "TinyMCE 4" there is an error in loading that HTML editor.

I don't know if either of these issues have happened before but any suggestions on either how to get TinyMCE 4 to work or to get more formats listed inside callouts (other text formats are listed if the HTML editor just sits in the template instead of in a callout). Also, in the tinyMCE.init function the theme_advanced_blockformats: "p,h2,h3,h4", is there but it doesn't seem to be having any effect.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

#2 June 18, 2014 4:48pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Issues Using TinyMCE4

The TinyMCE issue with callouts / format dropdown is a known issue that should be fixed in 4.1.1. I'm not sure I'm following you with the second part. I haven't experienced any issues loading TinyMCE 4 (it's also the default in a new 4.1 install).

#3 June 19, 2014 9:02am

jmason03

Ok, I believe I least know why it wasn't working but I may need help in fixing it. Although I am running BigTree 4.1 apparently my setup is still using templates/config.php instead of config.settings.php and config.environment.php. The reason I say that is once I went in and added:

$bigtree["config"]["html_editor"] = array("name" => "TinyMCE 4","src" => "tinymce4/tinymce.js");

to my config.php file everything worked correctly. So do you have an idea as to why my setup would still be reverting back to using config.php even though the other two files are present?

Thanks

#4 June 22, 2014 9:02pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

BigTree 4.1 installs a different site/index.php file that targets the custom/settings.php and custom/environment.php files, so if you upgrade from 4.0 -> 4.1 you'll still be targeting the templates/config.php file (which still works, but is obviously missing some newer configuration parameters like the WYSIWYG setting).

Board footer