#1 January 9, 2014 12:42am

jmason03

Using BigTree with IIS

Hi, I'm trying to setup BigTree to work with IIS rather than Apache on our web server. The problem that I'm running into is working with the URL Rewrite. What I think I need to do is translate the rules from the .htaccess file to be compatible with my web.config file. However, I can't find the .htaccess file in either the root or site folders. I was hoping that someone could I either post the rules that BigTree uses regarding URL Rewrites and then I can import them into IIS or talk about how they were able to setup BigTree with IIS.

Thanks

#2 January 9, 2014 9:09am

benplum
Administrator

Re: Using BigTree with IIS

The .htaccess files should have been created when installing, if you selected "advanced routing." Much of the file deals with gzip and resource types, but the rewrite rules are as follows:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?bigtree_htaccess_url=$1 [QSA,L]
Sidenote: You may run into other issues on IIS, like any PHP modules or functions that use Linux only capabilities.

#3 January 10, 2014 10:03pm

jmason03

Thank you for your help. I went back and re-installed BigTree using Advanced Routing and it did create a .htaccess file like you said. I was able to get all of the rewrite rules from both the root .htaccess and site/.htaccess and those did help. However, when I view the main index page (using the example site) it looks like the CSS stylesheets are not being linked to the page. Also, when I try to browse to mydomain.com/admin it gives me a 404 error. I'm thinking that it might be because I can't get this last rewrite rule to be imported by IIS:

RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE:%{HTTP:If-Modified-Since}]
It gives me this error: "The rule cannot be converted into an equivalent IIS format because of unsupported flags: E"

Any thoughts as to what might be wrong?

#4 January 13, 2014 4:12pm

benplum
Administrator

You can disregard that rule, it's to ensure PHP gets the proper modified headers when apache_request_headers() is unavailable: http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.a … eaders.php
Sounds like IIS handles this properly: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library … 80%29.aspx

Board footer