Social Feed includes an administrative interface where users can enter queries for Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, and Flickr. After a query is run, users can preview and approve pulled in content. The BTXSocialFeed class provides several methods for pulling the social content into the front end of the site.
The BTXSocialFeed class provides a "sync" method that can be implemented in cron to run a scheduled sync of all user queries. A manual sync button is also provided in the admin interface.
- Fixes editing categories
- Fixes adding categories to queries in BigTree 4.3+
- Fixes updating the view cache in BigTree 4.4
- Existing social data now updates during a sync to fix Instagram CDN URLs expiring
- Fixed inability to submit a hashtag query for Twitter
- Added a bunch of new methods to the class for pulling data in different ways.
- Better error handling on adding queries
- Moved to full PHP tags for better compatibility
- Fixed Facebook syncing issues
- Facebook can now be explicitly enabled / disabled
- New methods have been added for retrieving pages of the stream (or pages of the stream in a category) as well as the number of pages.
- A feature has been added to ignore a post in the stream to prevent it from returning on a future sync and a new view has been added for managing ignored posts.
- Channel information is now retrieved when returning YouTube results
- Fixes some spelling errors in the class.