Form Builder includes an administrative interface for BigTree users to create forms with the following field types: Section Break, Columns, Single Line Text, Paragraph Text, Checkboxes, Radio Buttons, Dropdown List, File Upload, Name, Date, Address, Email, Website, Phone, CAPTCHA.
A template is also included for displaying the form on the front end of your website. The template supports capturing user submissions to the database as well as setting up a list of email addresses for alerts.
Form Builder also supports paid forms when one of the Payment Gateways is setup in the Developer section of BigTree. It's recommended that you serve the template over HTTPS if you're using paid forms (call $cms->makeSecure(); to force HTTPS and rewrite asset URLs to HTTPS).
You're free to update the template to best suit your site's designs. Keep in mind if you update your template files in the /extensions/ directory they will be overwritten when you update the extension.
- Fixed allowed field types on upload field
- Adds support for reCAPTCHA v3
- Fixes for PHP 8 / warnings
- Fixes required dot on date field type
- Supports PHP 8
- Improving entries search
- Fixes paid form issues
- Adds IP address logging to entries
- Adds the ability to reject duplicate submissions.
- Fixes email field type drawing a legend instead of a label.
- Added a list of fields with errors into the error message allowing users to jump to the field with an error (resolves accessibility issues)
- Added HTML5 required attributes to inputs that are required
- Added the ability to specify default country codes for international phone numbers
- Added the ability to default to international formatted phone numbers.
- Added international phone number format support.
- Fixing saving dollar values for fields with $ and , in them
- Fixed toggling early bird pricing on and off
- Fixed the submit button on the form to say "Create" when adding a new form.
- Fixed a PHP 7.2 warning.
- Updated the stickyness of the form elements to use CSS rather than JS.
- Reveals the hidden support for text fields that change a price.
- Fixes the ability to add new forms that broke in 2.0.
- Fixes incorrect $ value calculations for paid forms.
- Adds scheduled opening and closing times for a form.
- Adds file type restriction options to upload field type.
- Adds maximum file size restriction to the upload field type.
- Switches to a tabbed interface for form editing to focus on fields more easily.
- Adds a developer option to disable columns.
- Adds a developer option to wrap text output in an HTML wrapper for styling.
- Adds a developer option to not draw the page header (for when it is drawn from a layout file rather than the template).
This update introduces the ability to see what pages a form is being used on.
This update fixes some short tags and adds support for the BigTree 4.2.17 cross site request forgery prevention.
This update fixes a potential XSS attack (thanks to Haojun Hou in ADLab of Venustech) as well as back to back column fields breaking the display.
This update includes new confirmation email support. You can build out a simple response email via token replacement. To add this to an existing form builder template you'll need to switch the "form" resource in the template to be the new "Form Builder Form" field type. This release also includes wider PHP compatibility (no more short tags).