#1 July 22, 2014 11:22am

jesse.glaves

Events Module

Is there an example site, or some code/tutorials available for building an events calendar in Bigtree CMS? I would love to integrate something like this into the CMS, rather than depend on Google Calendar's API for embedding events in my website. It just seems like some of the code involved with repeating events, etc. would be a little difficult and time consuming to create, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel if this is something that is already available to the public.

#2 July 22, 2014 11:25am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Events Module

We will be releasing an Events extension with the BigTree 4.2 release that supports things like reoccuring events. The basic module class and administrative side with custom form fields is built and ready for 4.1 -- if you email me I can send you an installable package. It doesn't include any front end, though. The class methods are fairly descriptive for querying data and there's class documentation in the file.

#3 July 22, 2014 12:22pm

jesse.glaves

Amazing, I'll do that.

#4 July 25, 2014 2:07pm

jesse.glaves

I'm loving the events module. I've stumbled on a feature that I'm having a little difficulty with though. In the getUpcomingEvents function, there is a parameter that accepts an argument for page number.

/*
    Function: getUpcomingEvents
        Returns an array of event instances occurring in the future ordered by those happening soonest.

Parameters:
        limit - The number of events to return.
        featured - Whether to limit the results to exclusively featured events or not (defaults to false).
        page - The page to return (defaults to the first page).

Returns:
        An array of event instances.
*/

How would I go about interacting with the pages? I've found that the $page object is actually an array of information, containing the following items:

[0] 117
[1] 8
[2] on
[3] Events
[4] events
[5] about/events
[6] Events
[7] events
[8] Array
[9] 0
[10] 1
[11] 0
[12] 0
[13] 2014-07-22 10:51:05
[14] 2014-07-22 12:34:48
[15] Array
[16] http://myurl/about/events/

This doesn't appear to match the columns in any of the btx_events_ tables. I'm just wondering what all of this is, and how best to go about the paging.

Thanks.

Board footer