#1 November 23, 2016 8:30am

Terrra-Robin

Folder creation and uploading gets stuck in image uploader

Good afternoon!

We've been working on some websites and were using the normal uploader for most of the time.
But now we've got a project with lots of images so it's obviously better to use the image uploader.
To keep things organised, I'd like to create some folders for each product category inside the image uploader.

So I've tried to create a few different folders, but I encountered a problem when doing so:

The image uploader gets stuck, it keeps showing the spinning loading circle. When I refresh the page, fortunately, the folder is created, but it takes quite some extra time to do this every time.

I think I spotted a bug right there.

Also when uploading larger images or multiple images at once, the upoader gets stuck quite often.
Again, when refreshing the page, sometimes the uploaded images show up. But sometimes they also don't.
Iit's a bit of guessing if the images are still uploading or the uploader is stuck.

It would be really great if you guys could take a look at this problem.
I'm using chrome on a windows machine. A collegue of mine is facing the same issue. He has a macbook pro and is also using chrome.

Thanks in advance!

#2 November 24, 2016 10:08pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Folder creation and uploading gets stuck in image uploader

Are you running the latest release? I believe the file manager bug referenced was fixed in 4.2.12. Uploading too many (or too large) images may exceed the max_post_size settings in PHP which would then fail to trigger the upload complete message -- I'll make a note to check on that so that it throws a proper error rather than failing silently and spinning forever.

#3 November 25, 2016 10:00am

Terrra-Robin

Re: Folder creation and uploading gets stuck in image uploader

Ahh, I see.. After updating it works perfectly.
Next time I'll check if we have the latest version of BigTree before reporting bugs, hehe.

The error message someone uploads too many images would be a great idea indeed.

Thanks a lot!

Board footer